Thursday, June 4, 2009

In The Cut


What's with men and their love of ladies with long locks? I get the boob thing, and the butt thing, but what's the hair thing? Maybe the attraction to yards of scalp-yarn is actually embedded in their cavemen genes as a safety factor during the "me drag you back to my cave, ug-ug" ritual... the longer the hair, the farther the distance between her angry, swinging limbs and his balls. That's one theory anywho.

In most men's eyes, as long as you're sporting Godiva-length tresses, you're automatically kept out of the woofer pile. I've seen many ugly exotic dancers (well, OK, I don't go to the clubs enough to say 'many', but I've been there and have seen some real howlers) who must be using their hair to cover their dog-chow faces because, drum roll please... the guys don't seem to care what's between said strippers' forehead and chin as long as their voluminous curls cascade down past their tramp-stamp. It's the boob-butt-hair tri-fecta that earns the big tips. Doesn't matter if their face looks like a Denver omelet.

It's a darn shame, too, because a crop-top can be hot hot hot. In case you've forgotten, Pink has a total dyke-do, and she's straight-up smokin'. Rhianna, punky half-shave, sexy business. Even Jamie Lee Curtis, butchy butchy hair, rockin' the silvers, still workin' it.

I'll never understand this long-hair man-rule, although I do choose to abide by its code. You see, Husband is one of those cavemen. Yes, I wear it long. I do it for him. That's the way I roll. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment