Friday, June 12, 2009

What He Really Means


Today is Husband's birthday. Now, he told me earlier in the week that he didn't want any gifts. He said he has everything he could possibly want all wrapped up in this fantastic woman that he calls Wife. HAHAHAHA. He didn't say that. But he should have. No, what he really said was that he didn't want any gifts since there isn't anything he needs and we're leaving for a month-long European vacation in two weeks so let's save the moolah.


I, myself, have been guilty of a few "don't bother with me, that's fine, I don't need anything" statements, but holy schmoly, I didn't MEAN IT!! And the couple times that he FORGOT that I didn't MEAN IT, well, let's just say that he won't be making that mistake again. Ever ever ever. Ever.


But guys are funny that way. They usually say exactly what they mean instead of using some man-speak that we have to try unsuccessfully to decode. What simpletons they are, being so transparent and all. Where are there skills of elusivity? Why don't they challenge us to read their minds and then do what they expect without words even being exchanged? You know, like WE do.... A Vulcan Mind-meld of sorts. Live Long and Buy Me Shoes.


So of course I ignored Husband and bought him some gifts. It's what I'd want him to do for me, and I try to treat others (especially my favorite man) the way I want to be treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment